Resources for Pets and their Owners
- Pet Obesity Chart – Download Dog Chart | Download Cat Chart
- PetMD – pet medical reference
- American Veterinary Medical Association – the nation’s leading advocate for the veterinary profession
- American Holistic Veterinary Association – advancing and educating in the science and art of holistic veterinary medicine
- FDA Pet Food Recalls – up to the minute information on pet food recalls
- Canine Cognitive Disorder (CDD) or Doggie Dementia
Info on financial assistance for vet bills
Local Long Island Community Resources
- Little Shelter Animal Rescue – one of Long Island’s oldest no-kill shelters, is dedicated to saving all companion animals whose lives are in jeopardy.
- Dotty Fund – Financial assistance to families in need who may not be in a position to pay for necessary medical treatment for their pets
- Manna Ministries – an outreach Ministry of Fountainhead Congregation in East Northport
- New York State Retriever Rescue – a Non-Profit 501c(3) organization and all donations go directly to the care and re-homing of the dogs.
- Get A Bull Organization – committed to helping the pit bull dog by rescuing pit bulls from shelters, controlling over population through spay & neuter, and assisting pit bull owners to keep their family pets.